My perception? My perception is based on my life experiences - my upbringing, my friends and family, my education (both formal and otherwise), my interests, my income, my job, my beliefs, my values… Endless variants that shape who I am. My perception is not inaccurate just because it is different to yours.
It’s not possible for there to be one “accurate” perception of society, we’re all different.
1. Your blog is a lame attempt at shunning something you clearly don’t understand. You’re purposefully being inflammatory in the hope of getting a reaction.
2. I get really sick of people talking about “Africa” like it’s this one big country that is all the same… Africa is made up of 50 countries, 720 million people and 1000 languages. You clearly have no idea of what happens “in Africa”.
3. I am HUGELY aware of the variety of discrimination and persecution that women experience worldwide.
4. “Very few people are” - I assume you’ve conducted a worldwide survey to come to this opinion so boldly?
5. I’m not American, I do not live in America. I am not soley concerned with America.
6. The discrimination that a woman faces in America is legitimate. The discrimination that a woman faces in Libya is legitimate. The discrimination a woman faces in Tanzania is legitimate. The discrimination a woman faces in the UK is legitimate. The discrimination a woman faces in Saudi Arabia is legitimate.